I have been doing a lot of teaching recently and sharing the concept that it’s super important to have compassion with ourselves. We must understand that this journey to heal and become our the highest version of ourselves is an eternal one. There is no “finishing point”, no end.
I share this because I used to believe that “once I did _______” or ” once I achieved _______” THEN I would be successful and happy. I had to really discover that I can celebrate the ways in which I am happy and successful today, in this moment. I successfully brushed my hair today, I am happy about having my best friend and her husband in my kitchen preparing food for my baby shower as smells of delicious cuban foods fill my new home. I now understand that I can access the feelings I want to feel RIGHT NOW, not “when” the next marker is met.
I want to encourage you to take inventory of your current situation and identify the successes (no matter how big or small). Identify how you have experienced a moment of happiness (no matter how long it lasted). I don’t care if it was just from getting a good laugh at something like this….
Here are some things that can also move you towards improving our body, mind and spirit.
- Believe in God & pray
- Drinking 2-4 gallons of water a day
- Not comparing yourself to others
- Not trying to impress people
- Cold showers (Even the last 20 seconds of your regular shower)
- Not relying on relationships for happiness
- Working out
- Having a leader mentality
- Reading books
- Breathing in from your nose (reminder)
- Having gratitude
- Cleaning your room
- Taking breaks of social media –
- Not limiting yourself –
- Making up your bed (discipline practice)
- Quitting/moderating caffeine & sugary drinks
- Walking in nature
- Having a plan for things you want to do
- Identifying how you want to FEEL based on those things you want to do
- Being aware of what you doing with your valuable time & energy
Sending you lots of love,